The U.S. Trade and Development Agency (“USTDA”) and the Business Council for International Understanding (“BCIU”) needed high-level expertise in the Indian aviation sector to conduct and facilitate a summit program.
InterVISTAS worked with the USTDA and BCIU over a four month period to develop, plan and execute the summit program in New Delhi. Our roles included:
- Pre-Summit meetings with senior government and aviation industry leaders on primary focus areas in the Indian aviation market.
- Preparation of detailed reports on air carrier, airport and aviation support projects in India.
- Development of background reports on Indian aviation for summit participants.
- Provide InterVISTAS specialists to lead summit panels on air cargo issues and the emerging general aviation market.
- Serve as aviation subject matter specialists during the Summit.
The Summit, held in November 2011, was a great success with more than 400 participants. Senior officials from the India Ministry of Civil Aviation, the U.S. – India Aviation Cooperation Program and the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration were active participants working closely with industry leaders from both the U.S. and India.