Porter Airlines had invested in crew optimization solutions but the expected productivity improvement and cost reduction were yet to be realized.
- Diagnostic assessment of current crew management processes
- Benchmark pilot and cabin crew utilization
- Develop manpower planning models for cockpit and cabin crew 2011 plans
- Identify opportunities for crew productivity improvement including reduction of split pairings, establishment of new crew bases and improved optimization practices
- Execute crew pairing runs
Project recommendations were implemented and benefits delivered.