With some 1,260 guest rooms and suites, and over 40,000 square feet of meeting space, Our Lucaya is one of Starwood’s largest properties. The property features two resort hotels, a Westin and a Sheraton.
Despite large-scale investment by the owners, the property was not achieving profitability. InterVISTAS was engaged to advise on how to address this challenge.
InterVISTAS worked with the management team to:
- identify the opportunities and threats facing the property as well as its major strengths and weaknesses;
- define a new vision for Our Lucaya;
- determine the key strategic issues that must be addressed;
- develop goals and objectives to address these issues; and
- establish key performance indicators to measure overall performance
The plan concluded that repositioning the property as two resorts/two experiences was required to re-establish Our Lucaya’s position in the marketplace. To support this new direction, several operational and product differentiation changes were proposed leading to increased revenue for Our Lucaya.