Oman Air wanted to improve its distribution cost structure and take advantage of direct distribution, as well as achieving a better reach to high yield business passengers.
The InterVISTAS team developed a distribution strategy executing the following project activities:
- Interviews and information capture on channels, segments per channel, unit revenues and costs per channel
- Develop ‘as is’ distribution mix where segments per channel and channel costs are identified
- Review distribution industry best practices
- Develop ‘to be’ distribution mix expanding share of direct distribution and other measures
- Develop financial model identifying the benefits of the new distribution mix where the distribution costs are reduced and access to high yield customers is improved
- Benchmark ancillary revenues and develop ancillary revenue improvement strategy
- Define specific projects and implementation plan for execution of the proposed distribution strategy
The distribution strategy was approved and is currently being implemented by Oman Air.