With some 646 rooms and 60,000 square feet of meeting space, the Caribe Hilton is one of Hilton International’s largest properties. It is also one of the best known hotels in the Caribbean. InterVISTAS was engaged to help develop and update the Strategic Plan for this flagship property.
InterVISTAS facilitated retreats involving all the Caribe Hilton managers and executives from Hilton International. Their purpose was to:
- define a mission and vision for the Caribe Hilton;
- identify the opportunities and threats facing the property as well as its major strengths and weaknesses;
- determine the key strategic issues that must be addressed;
- develop goals and objectives to address these issues; and
- establish key performance indicators to measure overall performance.
InterVISTAS guided the discussions, provided updates on key tourism trends and developed the final Plan.
The Caribe Hilton’s management team has used the Strategic Plan as a critical tool to determine their priorities for capital improvements, service initiatives and training. InterVISTAS involvement has led to the hotel becoming one of the most profitable in the entire Hilton portfolio.