InterVISTAS provides support to clients facing litigation or regulatory reviews. Examples of expert witness services that we have provided include:
- Applications for authorization for mergers.
- Disputes regarding whether an airport abused alleged monopoly powers in a land development dispute.
- Investigations regarding and abuse of dominance before a court or competition tribunal.
- Predatory pricing disputes.
- Designation of an air carrier to serve an international route.
- Economic principles governing airport operation and planning.
- Economic competitive conditions in airline markets.
- Airline acquisition hearing before a competition authority.
- Proper planning horizons for airport planning decisions.
- Discount rates to use in discounting amounts for damages in a civil litigation.
- Airport land valuation for property tax disputes.
- Economic principles governing railway costing for rate arbitrations.
- Labor arbitration.
- Development of position papers for government hearings reviewing various aspects of transportation policy.
Dr. Michael Tretheway, Chief Economist & Chief Strategy Officer, is recognized as one of the world’s leading transportation economists. Dr. Tretheway has appeared as an expert witness before courts, tribunals, regulatory agencies and private arbitrators in North America, Australia/New Zealand and the European Union.