Breckenridge Destination Management Plan
Breckenridge wanted to elevate and protect their authentic character and brand while retaining its hometown feel and friendly atmosphere. But, as the destination grew in popularity, so did friction between visitors, residents, governments, and tourism organizations. If left unmanaged, the increasing number of travelers could undermine the quality of life for residents and lessen the destination experience for visitors.
The Breckenridge Tourism Office wanted a Destination Management Plan to help mitigate those types of challenges by providing inspired solutions to protect and enhance the town’s authentic character. Specifically, they wanted to ensure economic sustainability for the community while preserving the quality of life for residents and quality of place for visitors.
A series of steps were taken in developing and delivering the Destination Management Plan:
- Conducted an extensive community engagement campaign including personal interviews, focus groups, town hall sessions, an online public survey, and a survey for meeting planners and event organizers
- Developed an inventory of Breckenridge’s tourism assets to assess strengths and opportunities for the destination’s product mix
- Worked with the Breckenridge Tourism Office to engage the public through social media
- Facilitated a Visioning Workshop with more than 100 local stakeholders
- Facilitated a Town Council retreat to prioritize initiatives including a new vision, mission and values statement
The Breckenridge Destination Management Plan was ratified in February 2019. It included a new vision to harmonize “Quality of Life for Residents and Quality of Place for Visitors”. The new Plan will enable Breckenridge to be at the leading edge in mountain environmental stewardship and sustainable practices. It was so well received, that Breckenridge’s Town Hall adopted the visitor strategy as its own.
Air Service Development for El Paso International Airport
LocationEl Paso, TX
Travel & Mobility
Air Service Development for Miami International Airport
Travel & Mobility