Entry Level Airport Planner
At InterVISTAS, our goal is to guide the transportation industry towards a more sustainable future in the service of fostering connections. We believe the best solutions are created together with our clients. Empowering our partners with insights, strategies, and tools, we aim to pioneer industry best practices and to be the go-to partner for holistic, strategic mobility consulting. Our team embeds the guiding principles of curiosity, integrity, creativity, sustainability, and collaboration in everything that we do. We are creating solutions that are meant to last and hope that you want to join us in this endeavor!
InterVISTAS is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Airport Planner to join our growing aviation consultancy. Responsibilities of the entry level planner would include providing technical analyses related to terminal, airside, and ground transportation planning and operations for commercial service airports. Specific assignments may include terminal facility planning and design, ground transportation (roadways, parking, and transit) analyses, airfield and airspace analyses, demand and capacity analyses, and master planning.
- Graduate degree (or undergraduate degree with two or more years of relevant experience) in civil engineering, transportation engineering, industrial/operations engineering, or related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients
- Self-motivated and resourceful as well as collaborative and team-oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Python, scripting language, and other large data set handling and working with data APIs
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Willingness to travel to client sites, primarily in the United States
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Up to five years of related experience in airport planning, civil engineering, or related aviation industry experience
- Experience with microsimulation tools such as VISSIM, CAST, or runwaySimulator
- Experience with GIS and 3D modeling software such as Revit or Sketchup
- Experience with data visualization (e.g., Tableau) and analysis of large data sets
Location is open to where there is an InterVISTAS office (San Francisco Bay Area and Washington D.C.) or where other airport planning staff reside (Denver, Raleigh/Durham).
About InterVISTAS Consulting
InterVISTAS is a full-service international airport consulting firm providing expertise in airport policy, aviation forecasting, airport economics, tourism, air service development, and airport planning. Since its inception in 1997, the firm has completed projects for 500+ clients globally, including virtually every major U.S. airport. InterVISTAS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Royal HaskoningDHV, a global engineering firm.
InterVISTAS is an equal opportunity employer, and we consider all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. InterVISTAS offers a flexible working environment, which can be tailored to your unique circumstances. Our team is on a continuous path seeking an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment.
To apply for this position, forward a cover letter and resume to careers@InterVISTAS.com and quote “Entry Level Airport Planner” in the email header/subject line.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter and your resume using the form below.