Consultant or Senior Consultant
The InterVISTAS Consulting Group is a leading management consulting company with extensive expertise in aviation, transportation and tourism. InterVISTAS has offices in Canada, the United States and Europe, and we have successfully delivered projects to clients in over 75 countries worldwide. Our competitive advantage is the applied expertise of our energetic team of top calibre professionals. Find out more about us at www.intervistas.com.
Your Mission – Support the Airport and Airlines Management Consulting practices by providing analytical expertise in the areas of commercial strategy, air service development, airline network planning and financial forecasting. Additionally, you will assist with business development, including proposals, client networking and product development. Lead analyst/s on specific airline consulting and airport air service development projects.
Here’s what you MUST bring:
- 3-5 years’ experience in an airline commercial function, or a business analyst or management consulting role in the aviation/transportation industry
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Business, Geography, Transportation, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field; MBA or MA/MS degree in related fields preferred
- Understanding of U.S., Canadian, and international carriers’ airline route networks and network development trends at airports in the U.S. and Canada
- Strong analytical capabilities: Excel modelling (familiarity with VBA, SQL, Python and statistics software is an asset)
- Experience in business intelligence platforms preferred (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Strong writing and presentation skills, covering both the ability to document technical research, to provide clear prose and captivating presentations that describe key research findings and recommendations
- Experience in airline network and revenue management data sources and modeling tools, including at minimum QSI, schedules, and demand data. Familiarity in airline route profitability systems, airline inventory management and/or pricing background, and/or understanding of airline fleet assignment models preferred
- Demonstrated analytic and data centered approach to problem solving
- Ability to translate client requirements into a commercially viable project
- Comfort at the front of the room, leading presentations
- An entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to “go get work”!
- Willingness and availability to travel up to 40%, as required by business need
Here’s What You Need to Know How To Do:
- Conduct market analysis, route forecasting, passenger choice modelling and long-term network design in order to maximize financial return for client airlines
- Perform airport route studies to determine the strategic and financial viability for additional air services for client airports
- Lead market analysis and feasibility studies for start-up carriers
- Provide airline financial modelling expertise and develop financial models that account for passenger and non-passenger revenues, as well as direct and indirect costs
- Develop business plans for airline turnaround and start-up projects
- Develop pro forma financial statements for airlines
- Develop aviation and route business cases and strategies on behalf of airport or government clients
- Conduct market demand research using industry data sources
- Maintain reference market traffic and schedule data, and network modelling information. Develop analyses and recurrent queries utilizing these data sources
- Support business development efforts, including the sale of projects
- Market and promote the Company’s services to prospective clients in the airports, airlines and tourism industries
- Contribute to proposal development in response to RFPs and target client leads
- Keep abreast with industry research in airline network design, hub analysis and network modelling activities
- Build positive and durable working relationships between InterVISTAS and airline / airport clients. Represent InterVISTAS and develop project solutions on on-site with client, as required by project.
- Foster a culture of accountability, teamwork, and empowerment
- Other related duties as assigned by InterVISTAS leadership from time to time
Title and compensation dependent on qualifications of applicant.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter and your resume using the form below.