The InterVISTAS Consulting Group has an opening for an analyst, focusing on several areas – airline route, network, and policy advisory services. You are interested in the future of mobility to provide analytical expertise in the areas of commercial strategy, financial modelling, and network planning.
As a key member of the team, you will be engaged with the preparation of studies and business cases, undertaking research on aviation topics, data development, analytic model runs, writing reports, and developing presentations on a wide range of projects.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in economics, business, commerce, statistics, transportation, and/or mathematics. Candidates with a degree in other disciplines who have suitable training or experience in quantitative research will be considered.
- Strong analytical capabilities required, including Excel modelling. Familiarity with Python (or similar programming languages) and Tableau (or similar visualization software) is a must.
- Internship or full-time work experience working in an analytics capacity, ideally in a management consulting firm, an airline commercial function, or a business analyst role in the aviation/transportation industry.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of airline and aviation industry, preferably including key airline competitors by region, and airline network commercial principles.
- Airline/aviation policy interest, and familiarity with current industry topics. Ability to translate airport, airline, and client positions into clear analysis and advocacy.
- Interest in current economic trends and events and their impact on the airline and aviation industries.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Willingness to travel.
- Demonstrated strong writing skills, including ability to create clear, convincing, and concise presentations and reports.
- Ability to translate client requirements into a commercially viable project.
- Eagerness to serve clients’ needs.
- Ability to work together as part of a cohesive team.
- Conduct research and analysis for consulting engagements.
- Develop or adapt methodologies in support of consulting engagements.
- Build expertise with transportation industry data sources, and develop analyses based on these data sources.
- Develop detailed knowledge of the U.S., Canadian, and global airline business, including a thorough understanding of industry competitive dynamics.
- Write compelling and graphically clear marketing and project presentations which explain research methods, data observations, and strategic insights. Present to senior management and clients.
- Represent InterVISTAS as required in on-site engagements.
- Support preparation of proposals for clients by researching relevant information and assisting in proposal writing.
- Support senior management in the overall management of client deliverables and client relationships.
- Communicate within team and project manager on status of assignments and highlight issues that may affect analysis accuracy, timeliness, or customer satisfaction.
- Attend project meetings, as required, which may involve travel to the client site.
This position will preferably be based in InterVISTAS’ office location either in Vancouver, British Columbia or Washington, DC. Remote work is negotiable, dependent on qualifications and demonstrated previous successful remote work experience. Title and compensation are dependent on qualifications.
To apply for this position, forward your cover letter and resume to careers@InterVISTAS.com quoting “Aviation Analyst” in the email header/subject line.
About InterVISTAS Consulting
The InterVISTAS Consulting Group is a leading management consulting company with extensive expertise in aviation, transportation, and tourism. InterVISTAS has offices in Canada, the United States and Europe, and we have successfully delivered projects to clients in over 75 countries worldwide. Our competitive advantage is the applied expertise of our energetic team of top caliber professionals. Find out more about our team at www.intervistas.com.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter and your resume using the form below.