Analyst, Transportation and Strategic Services, Toronto ON
InterVISTAS Consulting is a leading management consulting company with extensive expertise in aviation, transportation, and tourism. lnterVISTAS has offices in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom, and we have successfully delivered projects to clients in over 70 countries worldwide to over 500 clients. Our competitive advantage is our energetic team of top caliber professionals. We are committed to working collaboratively with our clients to apply vision and expertise to achieve results. As a member of our team, you will work in a fast paced, challenging, and rewarding environment. Find out more about us at www.intervistas.com
InterVISTAS Consulting seeks to add a key member to our team based in Toronto, Canada. The candidate will undertake general transportation data analysis, research, policy analysis, report-writing, proposal coordination and presentation development on a wide range of transportation and mobility projects. The main focus of the project work will be in the areas of aviation (e.g. airports, airlines, air navigation), marine transport (e.g. carriers, ports, ferries), general transportation policy, and tourism.
We are seeking applicants with an undergraduate or master’s level university degree in transportation studies, social sciences, humanities, statistics, commerce, or economics.
The selected candidate must have strong skills in quantitative and qualitative research and be able to conduct thorough analysis and provide sound interpretations of the results in both written and oral formats. The candidate should be motivated by a challenge, committed to achieving goals, is results oriented and be an analytical and innovative problem-solver. Strong writing skills are your alter ego, and you are capable of converting data, empirical results and models into compelling, well-crafted reports and presentations for our clients. You are attentive to detail, committed to producing accurate results, and have a strong work ethic.
Specific duties will include:
- Developing detailed knowledge of aviation, transportation, tourism and other industries. Our research and analysis approach are not confined to numerical analysis, but rather includes developing a deep understanding of the institutional and policy factors affecting our clients’ industries and the public interest.
- Analyzing and describing the impacts of trends, such as technology and demographics, have on the transportation industry.
- Writing reports and components of reports explaining research methods and also drawing observations and insight from models and empirical analysis. Experience with literature review development is an asset. We are looking for evidence of research skill beyond basic web searches.
- Building knowledge of alternative sources of data and developing databases for analysis.
- Supporting the preparation of proposals for clients by preparing project team qualifications, conduct supporting research and drafting methodologies and approaches
- Developing marketing presentations and materials and writing briefing notes for public audiences.
- An undergraduate or master’s level university degree in transportation studies, social sciences, humanities, statistics, commerce, or economics is preferred.
- 1 – 2 years of work experience, with preference for candidates with experience in the transportation sector, either with transportation companies, government, industry associations or other consultancies. However, we are also considering recent undergraduate or masters level graduates with no or limited work experience who are interested in this position.
- Strong writing skills are a must have requirement. You are a clear, well-organized writer. Your writing ability covers both the ability to document technical research and to provide clear prose motivating and describing research results. The ability to provide intuition to complex research is a plus.
- Experience in policy analysis and understanding of policy impacts is strongly preferred. This position is not focused exclusively on analytics and demonstrating knowledge of the policy/regulatory/legislative/institutional settings of the transportation and tourism sectors is an asset.
- Experience in data analytics that could include using business intelligence platforms (e.g. Excel, Tableau, Power BI) is desirable.
- Experience in preparing proposal submissions and presentations is strongly preferred.
- You are familiar with and excited by current issues in transportation and particularly in the aviation, mobility and tourism industries and can demonstrate continual knowledge building.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
To apply for this position, forward a cover letter and resume to careers@InterVISTAS.com and quote “Analyst, Transportation and Strategic Services – Toronto” in the email header/subject line.
The salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000 CAD annually, plus potential performance related bonus. InterVISTAS also offers a competitive health and wellness package.
InterVISTAS is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). We reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and encourage people with lived experience to apply. InterVISTAS is an equal opportunity employer, and we consider all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter and your resume using the form below.