Airport Planning Consultant
At InterVISTAS, our goal is to guide the transportation industry towards a more sustainable future in the service of fostering connections. We believe the best solutions are created together with our clients. Empowering our partners with insights, strategies, and tools, we aim to pioneer industry best practices and to be the go-to partner for holistic, strategic mobility consulting. Our team embeds the guiding principles of curiosity, integrity, creativity, sustainability, and collaboration in everything that we do. We are creating solutions that are meant to last and hope that you want to join us in this endeavor.
InterVISTAS is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Airport Planning Consultant to join our growing aviation consultancy. Responsibilities of the airport planning consultant would include providing technical analyses related to terminal, airside, and ground transportation planning and operations for commercial service airports. Specific assignments may include terminal facility planning and design, ground transportation (roadways, parking, and transit) analyses, airfield and airspace analyses, demand and capacity analyses, and master planning.
- Graduate degree (or undergraduate degree with two or more years of relevant experience) in civil engineering, transportation engineering, industrial/operations engineering, urban planning, or related field
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients
- Self-motivated and resourceful as well as collaborative and team-oriented
- Proficiency with Autocad/ Revit
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel to client sites, primarily in the United States
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Up to five years of related experience in airport planning, civil engineering, industrial engineering, or related aviation industry experience
- Experience with micro-simulation tools such as VISSIM, CAST, or runwaySimulator.
- Experience with GIS and 3D modeling software such as Revit or SketchUp
- Experience with data visualization (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI) and analysis of large data sets
- Familiar with scripting language for data automation (e.g. Python, R) and/or task automation (e.g. PowerAutomate)
- Familiarity and passion for the aviation industry.
This position is open to where there is an InterVISTAS office (San Francisco Bay area, Washington D.C) or where other airport planning staff reside (Denver, Raleigh/Durham).
To apply for this position, forward your cover letter and resume to careers@InterVISTAS.com quoting “Airport Planning Consultant” in the email header/subject line.
About InterVISTAS Consulting
InterVISTAS is a full-service international airport consulting firm providing expertise in airport policy, aviation forecasting, airport economics, tourism, air service development, and airport planning. Since its inception in 1997, the firm has completed projects for 500+ clients globally, including virtually every major US airport.
InterVISTAS is an equal opportunity employer, and we consider all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. InterVISTAS offers a flexible working environment, which can be tailored to your unique circumstances. Our team is on a continuous path seeking an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Find out more about our team at www.intervistas.com.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter and your resume using the form below.