The airline required a new corporate strategy and business plan to support raising $0.5 billion USD to support the restructuring effort and fleet growth of the airline.
The team, led by Dr. Emre Serpen, developed a distribution strategy executing the following project activities
- Diagnostic of SriLankan business units
- Market and competitive analysis
- Market forecasting
- Development of network, route structure, hub design, fleet plan
- Improvement plan for commercial division including pricing, revenue management, sales and distribution
- Improvement plan including crew optimization, operations control
- Improvement plan for IT, MRO, ground handling and other SBU’s
- Development of the business plan
- Development of the quick hits
The plan was approved by Government and SriLankan Airlines.