In 2007, the Government of the Republic of Macedonia sought private sector participation to implement a rehabilitation and modernization project for the airports of Skopje, Ohrid and Shtip. A comprehensive Airport Development Study needed to be carried out. Furthermore, the Government realized the necessity for an educational course of action with respect to PPP Procedures, Risk Distributions and Project Financing.
We provided a number of services to the GoM, including:
- Market Analysis, Technical Analysis, Financial Analysis, Risk Analysis and Legal Advisory Services
- Oversight of PPP on behalf of the Government & Contract Management
- Transaction Recommendations & Implementation
- Bidding Documentation & Procedure
- Support Financing Negotiation
A 20-year DFBOT concession concession contract was awarded to the private consortium led by the Turkish Company, TAV. TAV will control the airports until 2030 and has agreed to invest over 200 million Euros. TAV will pay between 30 – 40 million Euros in total concession fees to the Macedonian Government over 20-year concession period.